Architectural Custom Lighting
The essence of light is captured in handcrafted light sculptures of laminated paper and wood by artist Stephen White.
Since 1964 this original art form has been evolving through the creative vision of Stephen White.
These works are designed for residential or architectural custom lighting, where a unique artistic expression in lighting is desired.
The surface appearance of a light sculpture is parchment-like in color and texture.
Each light sculpture is signed by Stephen White and numbered, signifying that it is an original work of art. None of the designs are duplicated unless designated as limited editions.
These fine art sculptures are non-collapsible and come wired ready for installation.
One-of-a-Kind Illuminated Light Sculptures
Comments on the light sculpture of Stephen White by some of his clients:
- "It is really just perfect, and it brightens up my spirits as dark approaches each night"
- "They are just lovely!"
- "It gives me tremendous pleasure! Thank you for your 'gift' of form and light"
- "Your light sculptures look magical"
- "Everyday I look in wonder at the light ... the dimensions of it continue to unfold. Its atmosphere shifts subtly with the day. It has brought such heart into the house ... a warmth that sings ... "
- "Exquisite work!"
- "What a sacred space it creates ... friends are loving it"
- "Your light sculpture faithfully brings joy and happiness!"
- 1964 Framehouse Gallery, Nashville, Tennessee (Group)
- 1965 Kish Art Center, Darrowville, Ohio (Group)
- 1967 Rogue's Gallery, Anchorage, Alaska (Solo)
- 1969 Crossroads Gallery, Honolulu, Hawaii (Solo)
- 1970 Jack London Square Arts Festival, Oakland, California (Group)
- 1971 The Egg & The Eye Gallery, Los Angeles, California (Two-Man)
- 1972 Great Things Gallery, Honolulu, Hawaii (Solo)
- 1973 Ala Moana Center Arts Exhibition, Honolulu, Hawaii (Group)
- 1980 Amfac Center Gallery, Honolulu, Hawaii (Two-Man)
- 1984 Kreymborg Showroom, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Solo)
- 1984 Gallerie Santangelo, Paris, France (Solo)
- 1986, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2003 & 2005 Oregon Made for Interiors (group show), Maude Kerns Art Center, Eugene, Oregon (Guest Curator for OMFI 2005)
- 1979 & 1980, 1st Place Pacifica Awards , Los Angeles, California
If you have any questions please Contact Us and Stephen will contact you directly.